He Sits At The Right Hand of God
||Rev. Ronald Van Overloop
Lord's Day 19
||60, 215, 58, 199
- The position.
- This is a figurative expression, describing a position of authority and power.
- Jesus Christ, according to His human nature, is given this position.
- The purpose of our Savior?s exaltation to this position.
- This position enables Jesus to complete His work of salvation.
- Ultimately, it is so Jesus might subject all things to the Father, so God is all in all (I Cor. 15:27,28).
- The reign of Christ at God?s right hand is universal, ?all power is given unto me in heaven and on earth? (Matt. 28:20).
- It is an unlimited power.
- It is executive authority and power, i.e., the power to rule, to carry out God?s council.
- Jesus rules as the Head of the church.
- And He rules as King over His kingdom.
- The blessings of Christ?s reign at God?s right hand.
- The rule of our Savior and Lord assures us of the unceasing flow of His blessings.
- In His sovereign rule He defends and preserves us against all enemies.
- By His Holy Spirit He pours out heavenly graces on us His members.
- We exercise our position of victors.