Fearfully and Wonderfully Made
Minister: Rev. Ronald Van Overloop
Date: 11/13/2011 PM
- Truly a miracle.
- God’s omniscience and omnipresence makes the forming of the human body to be one of “Thy works.”
- Thus we are God’s beautiful handiwork; NOT the result of fate or chance or mother nature.
- God’s knowledge is intimate and causal.
- Even before God began forming the human body in the womb, his omniscience has a “book” (16).
- All-knowing God possesses (acquires knowledge) of our “reins” (13), i.e., the kidneys.
- God’s work is “curiously wrought” (15), i.e., woven together with unbelievable wisdom.
- Our “substance” (15) refers to our potentialities or capabilities which manifest themselves later in life.
- The wondrous formation of each human in the depth of the womb evokes a multitude of reasons for praise.
- With the psalmist we know “right well” (14b) the greatness of this miracle.
- This knowledge is “too wonderful” (6) so that we cannot be silent or expressionless.
- In fact, David expresses his desire to praise God as a resolution: “I will ...” – which he is already doing!
- Other implications.
- God’s omniscience of our bodies in the womb indicates His knowledge of the whole of our life.
- His knowledge of us physically assures us of His wise and wonderful work on us spiritually.
- God’s formation of the human body indicates that He forms and cares for the Body of Christ (I Cor. 12:12).
- Praise Him!
Watch This Sermon
Listen to This Sermon